Quality Assurance (QA) Process
Our goal is to ensure a continuously high quality level you can trust.
We care that equipment gets shipped only after passing all the stages, please read a brief overview of our QA Process:
- Visual Audit and Physical Inspection.
- Identification of the equipment - we inspect all part numbers, serial numbers and hardware revision before we start further quality process.
- All equipment we receive is inspected on any potential physical damage. Chassis are undergoing inspection for any scratches, dents, backplane connectors. Front panels, buttons, connectors and expansion slots.
- Network cards and modules are having inspected connectors, broken or missing parts or components. Every static-sensitive part is handled cleaned carefully according to industry standards.
- Dusted networking equipment and servers are undusted.
- Items that passed the test are moved to proceed testing process.
- Testing, restoring Factory Defaults and Data Wiping.
This phase is the key of the process. Testing of Cisco networking equipment is done by our Cisco Certified Engineers.
- POST (Power-On-Self-Test) of all internal devices, checking for error messages.
- Password protection (if present) is removed.
- Equipment-specific diagnostic commands are run.
- Test fan assembly, make sure noise level is accurate.
- Test power supply, output power and operating temperature of the chassis.
- Test results are recorded by unit serial number. We note HW rev., firmware and software version, all memory and storage specifications - flash, NVRAM, DRAM, disk drives etc.
- Reset to Factory Default Settings.
At this stage we care that our refurbished equipment is ready to deploy and delivered in factory default state just like new equipment is delivered by manufacturer.
- Configuration files and any network configuration data and restore factory default settings on all used equipment; for server hard drives we apply 3-pass data erasure.
- Equipment passing all previous stages is moved to our sellable inventory.
- Hardware Upgrade, Custom Configuration.
- Configurations are build to order, network cards, expansion modules are being physically installed.
- Test of the upgraded complete configuration is run. In case any memory upgrade, power supply or modules upgrade is done then equipment is re-tested after the upgrade and log is stored.
- Final Quality Control and shipment.
- Verification of that the part numbers and serial numbers matches the equipment sold.
- Printing of customer-specific barcode or other type of labelling if required.
- Preparing proper equipment protection for transport – we protect equipment against shocks in transport, humidity condensation and uncontrolled static electricity discharge, all static-sensitive components are packed in ESD safe packing material.
- Adding accessories like rack mounts, console cables and country-specific power cords.
- Finally a pallet or box is ready to survive any rough handling in transport. After a shipment is send client receives ETA and tracking number.